Monday, October 11, 2010

Reader's Lunch Anyone?

So I'm enjoying the book Slob, by Ellen Potter, our first Reader's Lunch book of the year, and I decided to look her up on line. She's an author I've never read before, but I'm excited to learn that she has her own blog, which you can find at www.ellenpotter.com. Her writing on her website is just as witty and fresh as the writing in her book, and get this: if you look for the Contact Ellen tab on the left hand side of the screen and email her, she guarantees that she will get back to you (though it comes with the caveat that it may take a few days, depending on how busy she is with other writing). So I am definitely emailing her -- but should I do it after I finish the book or while I'm working on it? It seems to me like an author might find it interesting to hear from a reader in the middle of the novel rather than a gushing fan at the end (assuming I will be a gushing fan after finishing it). What do you guys think?

Also, it sounds like her Spilling Ink handbook for writers and it's accompanying website should be great to check out. Amazon here I come . . .

No comments: