Monday, January 5, 2009

Mini-Metaphor poems

Some of these poems are inspired by characters we are reading about in Things Not Seen, others are inspired by our own experiences, but all of them say so much with so little. These poems emphasize the power of metaphor. The first one is by Chris, the other three are anonymous.

I am a book
with a cover
that does not interest you.
Like wind, you cannot see me,
but feel.


I am a dress,
pretty, beautiful,
used once,
then thrown away
in a closet.
I am alone.


I am fire.
I scorch whomever
tries to love me.
I burn and turn
until there is no one left.


I am a dark room,
mysterious and luminous.
Never will you know
what lies inside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mr.v the second one is mine julianne

Ajar Ihdnag -Guess who said...

HOLA MR.V B-)

RG